The Love Language of Flowers
I have joined forces with my talented friend Lisa McGuinness to co-author and photograph our first book together, The Love Language of Flowers. To see this year-long project come to fruition in such a beautiful way has been an extremely rewarding experience. My hope is that the guidance, recipes, and photography filling its pages become a seasonal companion to you, inspiring you to create in a meaningful way with flowers.
An Exquisite Guide to All Things Botanical
Floriography and slow botanical styling entwine in this playful twist on traditional flower arranging.
Blooming with inspirational lifestyle photography by yours truly, The Love Language of Flowers contains step-by-step instructions for creating impactful yet achievable arrangements infused with vintage meaning, floral poetry, and lore. These slow botanical designs have a wild yet elegant edge accompanied by strategies that build confidence while providing the flexibility to let your own creative voice develop while honoring the seasonal rhythms of nature.
Express yourself through flowers and show others you care. The process of creating something beautiful with natural elements can be just as rewarding and restorative to the creator as it is to the recipient. With a photographic index of flowers, herbs, and botanicals alongside their meanings, and a toolbox filled with floral arranging necessities, Jess and Lisa show you how to fill your arms with meaningful botanical arrangements and your hearts with the self-care you deserve.
Inside The Love Language of Flowers, you'll find:
- A visual glossary of flowers and their Victorian meanings organized both alphabetically and by meaning, so you can find the perfect botanical combination in every season
- Simple step-by-step instructions and floral concepts as a foundation for creating sustainable floral arrangements with meaning
- Suggestions for introducing unexpected botanicals and other interesting elements to bring a fresh look to classic bouquets and exercise your creativity
- Step-by-step tutorials for wrapping bouquets with materials found around your home to give your botanical gifts the perfect finishing touch
- Excellent resource for those seeking to take their flower arranging abilities up a notch
CLICK HERE to see what readers are saying about it on Amazon.
You can pick up a copy at your favorite book retailer, including: Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Target, Bookshop, Book Depository, Indiebound, Walmart, Powell's Books, ThriftBooks, Booktopia, Porchlight Book Co., Books-A-Million, Waterstones
For a special edition copy signed by Jess Buttermore, CLICK HERE.
Release date: June 13, 2023
Publisher: Yellow Pear Press
Hardcover: 224 pages
Dimensions: 8 x .075 x 10 inches
interior page samples: