An Exquisite Guide to All Things Botanical
#1 New Release in Flower Arranging, Plant & Animal Photography, Photograpy Equipment & Techniques, Nature Literary Criticism, Victorian Literary Criticism, and Botany of Flowers
Floriography and slow botanical styling entwine in this playful twist on traditional flower arranging.
Blooming with inspirational lifestyle photography by yours truly, The Love Language of Flowers contains step-by-step instructions for creating impactful yet achievable arrangements infused with vintage meaning, floral poetry, and lore. These slow botanical designs have a wild yet elegant edge accompanied by strategies that build confidence while providing the flexibility to let your own creative voice develop while honoring the seasonal rhythms of nature.
Express yourself through flowers and show others you care. The process of creating something beautiful with natural elements can be just as rewarding and restorative to the creator as it is to the recipient. With a photographic index of flowers, herbs, and botanicals alongside their meanings, and a toolbox filled with floral arranging necessities, Jess and Lisa show you how to fill your arms with meaningful botanical arrangements and your hearts with the self-care you deserve.
Inside The Love Language of Flowers, you'll find:
- A visual glossary of flowers and their Victorian meanings organized both alphabetically and by meaning, so you can find the perfect botanical combination in every season
- Simple step-by-step instructions and floral concepts as a foundation for creating sustainable floral arrangements with meaning
- Suggestions for introducing unexpected botanicals and other interesting elements to bring a fresh look to classic bouquets and exercise your creativity
- Step-by-step tutorials for wrapping bouquets with materials found around your home to give your botanical gifts the perfect finishing touch
- Excellent resource for those seeking to take their flower arranging abilities up a notch
Every copy received from this website is signed by author Jess Buttermore on the title page. If you would like a short inscription addressed to a particular recipient, please leave me a message HERE. Please include your order number and the name you'd like the inscription made out to in the comment box.
Because details matter, and because this book makers such a beautiful gift, I offer an opportunity to add a touch of simple beauty to your gift with our tastefully crafted eco-friendly gift wrap. Kraft paper and jute twine wrap your book and fresh eucalyptus (during the growing season) or a dried floral posey (off growing season) for the perfect natural botanical finishing touch, appropriate for any occasion. To add gift wrap to your book, add your book to your shopping cart and then CLICK HERE to add gift wrap to your cart.
If you do not plan to see the gift recipient in-person, provide the name and address of the recipient in the "Ship To" at checkout and I will ship the signed and gift-wrapped book directly to them.
Orders shipping to the U.S. or Canada will post via USPS. You may select your shipping method at checkout. International orders are shipped USPS International. Available shipping methods are available at checkout.
All personalized inscribed books are final sale.
- Publisher : Yellow Pear Press (June 13, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1684811910
- ISBN-13 : 978-1684811915
- Item Weight : 2.2 pounds
- Dimensions : 8 x 0.75 x 10 inches